I LOVE this sourdough bread recipe because you don’t need a starter, you use plain yogurt instead!!! Got if from Food.com
“Sourdough bread without using a starter. The yogurt does it. It makes a very tasty loaf of bread. One of our favorites.” By Barb Gertz on March 10, 2003
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast or 2 3/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Do not use delay bake option with this recipe.
- Bake on regular bread cycle.
- Have water between 70 and 80 degrees.
- Add all ingredients in order listed.
- Make a hole in flour for yeast, don’t let yeast touch water.