This is another favorite Olive Garden soup. It is also pretty simple. I used swiss chard instead of kale, but everything else was the same. SO good!!
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
- Author: CopyKat Recipes
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 large russet baking potatoes sliced in half and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/2 can Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits (these are less fatty than real bacon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped kale or Swiss chard
- 2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Cook sausage in a 300-degree oven for approximately 1/2 hour; drain on paper towels and cut into slices. (okay, um, I actually fried the sausages as directed on the package, and went from there)
Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, and garlic in a pot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done. Add sausage, bacon, salt, and pepper to taste and simmer for another 10 minutes. Turn to low heat; add kale, cream, and water (optional). Heat thoroughly and serve.